HERBAL PHARM Rx
All-Natural Wellness Solutions for Healthy Living
CBD For Pets — The Natural Pain Solution
As pet owners, the end of life is one of the most difficult time periods we go through. We pick out our puppy or our kitten, knowing that we will outlive them and one day we’ll have to let them go. Still, we love them with all our hearts and all our souls despite the unpleasant future ahead. And when our pets are aging or they get sick, it’s as if we are sick as well. We want to do everything in our power to heal them, make them well, and make them feel better — just like we would with our real babies.
Before you throw in the towel with your pet’s diagnosis and wonder if there is another way, you’ll want to research CBD oils and the benefits they can provide your beloved pet. Herbal Pharm Rx, a leader in CBD oils, will discuss the possible benefits CBD can have for your pet.
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD and THC are often confused. Understandable — they are both three letter acronyms for a long, complicated medical word that we don’t necessarily have to know or understand. But, we do need to know the difference between the two and why CBD is safe for your pet.
CBD and THC are both cannabidiols, which are compounds derived from the hemp plant. THC is the main psychoactive compound that many associate with the “high” they get from using it. CBD is the non-psychoactive compound that is safe for pet usage.
Our four-legged friends, just like us, have a system called the endocannabinoid system that is involved in memory, sleep, immune response, and more. The endocannabinoid system mainly functions on two receptors known as CB1 and CB2. Both THC and CBD react with these receptors as well as naturally-occurring endocannabinoids in our body, resulting in the relief detailed below.
SYMPTOMS CBD MAY HELP TREAT IN PETS
- Pain. CBD can temporarily stop the absorption of anandamide, a chemical that helps dampen pain signals in the brain, thereby providing relief. It also reduces inflammation, which is a source of pain as well.
- Seizures. Seizures are caused by misfiring neuron signals to the brain. Research suggests CBD can help restore order to these neurons, causing them to fire normally and thus prevent the onset of seizures.
- Inflammation. CBD is an anti-inflammatory and is so good at interacting with your receptors that this property alone allows physicians to treat multiple medical conditions. Arthritis and joint pain is the major relief CBD may provide to your pet.
- Stress and anxiety. Pets experience stress as well as humans. Some breeds of dogs are so attached to their owners that they cry when they leave, they break out of their homes to try to find them, or pace non-stop. Some pets are afraid of noises as well they don’t understand such as trains, thunder, and fireworks. Symptoms include incessant barking, chewing, urinating in the house, aggression, and trembling. Research shows CBD can increase serotonin levels in the brain, thus soothing these feelings and, in effect, negating them.
- Nausea. Nausea and vomiting in pets are usually due to medications they are taking such as chemotherapy. Currently, the drugs on the market to relieve nausea are powerful and cause side effects themselves, such as lack of appetite and diarrhea. CBD may reduce the feeling of nausea in pets, using the same receptors as anxiety.
- Slow cancer cell growth. There is no cure for cancer, and the main treatment for pets is chemotherapy, which is designed to slow the cancer’s growth and lessen the pain your pet may be experiencing. Growing research shows CBD may be effective in reducing the size of tumors, and slow the growth and spread of cancer.
- Restores balance in the body. Known as homeostasis, CBD may be useful in restoring the proper functioning of the body’s systems, especially after an illness or as a daily supplement to promote overall health and well-being.
TIPS FOR GIVING YOUR PETS CBD OILS
- One of the best ways to give your pet CBD oils is to place it directly under his or her tongue.
- Use a dropper and squirt into your pet’s mouth.
- You can also add the oil to his or her food or drink. Peanut butter works great. Just mix the two together.
- It is possible to give your pet CBD oils made for humans. Just start at very low doses and then increase slowly over a period of weeks.
HOW HERBAL PHARM RX CAN HELP
CBD oils are derived from the hemp plant and do not contain THC. They are safe for pets and perfectly legal. There are no side effects one would see with treatments such as chemotherapy. Herbal Pharm Rx recommends consulting with your veterinarian before starting CBD oil treatment. Your vet can guide you to as to the proper dosage to begin with and the frequency needed for your pet’s unique medical conditions.
Growing old is never fun, and this time is especially challenging for pet owners. Our pets cannot tell us if they are in pain, if they are suffering, if they are ready to pass over the Rainbow Bridge, or if they are just fine, happy, and content, lying at your feet or on your lap all day, living out their last days in peace.
Herbal Pharm Rx believes CBD oils are worth a try, especially if your pet suffers from any of the conditions we’ve discussed above. We believe CBD oils may help your pet as he or she ages and can even be used on a regular basis to promote overall health and wellbeing. Visit us online today!