CBD tinctures, being liquid, makes it easy to add to other liquids. Theyalso can be added to foods as well. Herbal Pharm Rx, a Top Rated Local® national wellness solutions company, sells CBD oils and CBD tinctures online in a variety of flavors. Below, we’ll discuss the best ways to consume CBD tinctures.
WHAT ARE CBD TINCTURES?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is derived from the hemp plant and is the part of the hemp plant that is non-psychoactive, meaning you cannot get high from CBD. The hemp plant has recently been classified as an agricultural product, meaning anything extracted from the hemp plant (including CBD) is legal. CBD oils and tinctures are basically the CBD that is extracted from the hemp plant combined with an oil, such as coconut oil or hemp seed oil.
CBD works with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to maintain homeostasis in the body. Your ECS affects many systems in your body and helps with pain management, inflammation, immune response, appetite, metabolism, memory, mood, and emotions. The body produces endocannabinoids naturally, which are neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system. CBD itself is a cannabinoid and thus can react with your ECS, resulting in a reduced pain sensation and decreased inflammation. It’s important to note that CBD does not bind directly to either of these receptors but instead impacts them indirectly.
CBD can also increase the amount of anandamide in the body. Known as the “bliss molecule,” anandamide plays a role in our feelings of pleasure and motivation. CBD is so effective at relieving so many conditions because it does affect our ECS, which controls so many of our body’s functions.
CBD OILS VERSUS CBD TINCTURES: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
There is a difference between CBD oils and CBD tinctures that’s important to note and can affect the method of ingestion.
CBD oils are oils from the hemp plant extracted directly from the stalk, flowers, and seeds. CBD oils are usually the strongest form of CBD, which is why CBD oils are more expensive than CBD tinctures in general. CBD oil is best consumed sublingually (under the tongue). This is the preferred way to consume CBD oils because the oils are absorbed through the mucus membranes and by your capillaries, which creates a faster absorption rate and yields the quickest results. You can swallow CBD oils and add it to food; however, if you do so, the CBD oil must travel through the digestive system first, which decreases the time for CBD to kick in as well as the effects. Most people prefer the sublingual method because the flavor is nutty and earthy and does not go well when mixed with food. However, this method and taste can be quite unpopular with children. Overall, consuming CBD oils is what works best for you.
CBD tinctures are liquid extracts of the hemp plant (the same as the oils) only these are mixed with alcohol, vegetable glycerin or oil, like cinnamon or peppermint essential oil. This results in diluting the CBD oils, thus making it less potent. Tinctures can be consumed sublingually, allowing for faster absorption. Because CBD tinctures are mixed this allows for a more customized flavor. CBD tinctures are usually sweet, which makes adding them to food and beverages a great choice for many consumers. They are also less expensive than the purer CBD oils. And because they are less potent, CBD tinctures are often recommended for those who are new to CBD because they allow for a more gradual build-up and easier way to adjust the dosage.
BEST WAY TO CONSUME CBD TINCTURES
- In your tea. Tea is a light drink full of antioxidants that helps fight free radicals that aim to harm your body’s cells. Tea can also help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, boost your immune system, and soothe the digestive system. Adding in CBD tinctures to your tea is a great way to help sleep better, relieve pain and anxiety, and boost metabolism.
- In your coffee. If you live for coffee, then adding in CBD tinctures to your morning routine is a no-brainer. With coffee, you’ll get the pick-me-up of the caffeine along with other potential added health benefits, such as protection against type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, liver disease, and liver cancer, and it also promotes a healthy heart. Taking CBD with your coffee will keep you energized throughout your day as well as keep your ECS balanced, making all your tasks for the day more fulfilling and enjoyable.
- Under the tongue. As we discussed above, sublingual consumption is the popular choice for consumption of CBD oils and also popular for CBD tinctures. Simply hold the dose under the tongue for 30 to 60 seconds for fastest absorption.
- In your food. CBD tinctures are easy to sprinkle onto your food. From breakfast foods such as oatmeal and cereals to sandwich bread at lunch and mashed potatoes at dinner, CBD tinctures blend naturally with the aroma and flavor of your favorite foods much like a sauce would.
- In your water. If you purchase a CBD tincture that is flavored, such as Herbal Pharm Rx’s Lemon or Peppermint-flavored CBD tinctures, this can be a great way to flavor your water as well as receive the benefits of CBD.
- In a smoothie. If you want no hint of CBD taste at all, try mixing your CBD tinctures in a smoothie. Because of all the other ingredients that are in a smoothie and usually ones that are potent, such as mango and strawberries, you won’t taste your CBD tincture in a smoothie even if it is a flavored variety.
- In your dessert. CBD tinctures go great with parfaits and chocolate desserts such as ice cream and chocolate cake. Just be sure not to mix the tincture in a batter mix because you will have no idea how much dosage you will be ingesting when your brownies or cake is done.
The possibilities for consuming CBD tinctures are really limited only by your imagination. If you want the CBD to take effect quickly, sublingual is your best bet. However, if you want a more gradual effect, consuming CBD tinctures in your favorite food and drink can be right for you.
WHAT HERBAL PHARM RX OFFERS
Herbal Pharm Rx specializes in CBD oils and CBD products. We offer CBD topicals as well, such as CBD Pain Cream-250 mg which is good for sore muscles, arthritis, chronic pain, and stiffness. Our other topical is our CBD Balm-250 mg, and it’s great for sore muscles and works as well with an easy-to-use roll-on applicator. Infused with other natural anti-inflammatories such as arnica and tea tree oils, CBD Balm-250 mg will help soothe and relief all of your aches and pains. Besides our great-tasting CBD tinctures, Herbal Pharm Rx also offers CBD capsules and CBD crystals to help with a myriad of conditions you may have.
Herbal Pharm Rx is passionate about helping possibly alleviate health problems, such as insomnia, chronic pain, inflammation, epilepsy, depression, and joint pain, through the use of CBD and CBD tinctures. We offer a wide variety of CBD tinctures from flavored to natural. We also offer CBD gummies for those who want a quick, easy, and good-tasting way to consume CBD. Shop online today!