Arguments can be made that your skin is one of the organs we actually notice on a daily basis. It definitely is one of the most abused simply due to its job — to keep out the bad guys (viruses, bacteria, dirt, and grime), which are bent on harming us. Skincare is a burgeoning business (as it should be considering the beating it takes on most days) with the latest studies showing just how much we spend on skincare. Women spend about $8 per day on skincare products. Males spend slightly less. Overall, women will spend a quarter of a million dollars in their lifetime on skincare products. Naturally, it was only a matter of time that someone thought to see if CBD could improve skin. Herbal Pharm Rx, a seller of CBD tinctures and CBD oils, explores the uses of CBD for your skin in this blog post. Visit us online today!
CBD AND SKINCARE
More people are seeking all-natural solutions for items they place both in (food) and on their bodies. CBD after all is derived from the hemp plant — about as all-natural as it gets. CBD oils contain all 21 known amino acids, and it’s also high in essential fatty acids such as Omegas 3, 6, and 9. Additionally, it’s antioxidant-rich and full of vitamins, including vitamins A, B, C, D, and E — exactly what your skin needs to fight off free radicals and prevent damage from the sun.
All of these vitamins and minerals enrich the skin and can encourage hair growth for those suffering from baldness or other hair loss conditions such as alopecia. Collagen and elastin are strengthened, which helps keeps the skin smooth and youthful looking. The fatty acids help to moisturize your skin as well as help hydrate your hair. If you have inflammation of any kind on the skin such as acne flare-ups, CBD helps to calm the scalp and restore balance to your skin, which helps for overall skin health and hair growth.
BENEFITS OF CBD ON THE SKIN
- With CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties, CBD skin care products can help relieve those skin conditions caused by inflammation such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, and acne.
- In those with oily skin, CBD works to restore your skin’s balance in the overactive sebacious gland cells, which are responsible for acne.
- With CBD’s powerful moisturizing capabilities, CBD can reduce dryness, flakiness, and itchiness of the skin and scalp.
- Because CBD binds with the receptors in the endocannabinoid system, it can affect the perception of heat, itchiness, and pain, which can help with a variety of skin conditions and ailments from dry skin from the elements to a sunburn.
- Along with the anti-inflammatory properties present in CBD topicals, people with dry skin and eczema can find relief as well from the natural fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Swelling, puffiness, and soreness also can be relieved because of the cannabinoids in CBD topicals. CBD can soothe sore joints and muscles as it penetrates to the lower layers of the skin.
- CBD can also promote skin repair since it contains lipids. Lipids help collagen and elastin production, which is great for cuts and scars.
- CBD contains powerful antioxidants that can help protect the skin from free radicals like UV rays, smoke, and environmental pollutants, which damage the skin and promote accelerate the signs of aging.
Expect to find more CBD skin care products to emerge in the future as more people become aware of the power of CBD to aid in skin health in the form of CBD topicals. Furthermore, as more research is done, expect to find more uses for CBD in topicals. For example, one recent study shows CBD slowed down the appearance of aging in mice.
WHAT ARE CBD TOPICALS?
CBD topicals are skin care products, usually in the form of creams, lotions, balms, or salves, that are applied directly to the skin instead of being ingested. In effect, this is a more targeted treatment since the topical is rubbed into the afflicted area and is absorbed, resulting in a faster relief. CBD that is ingested can take up to two hours to take effect. With topicals, CBD never reaches the bloodstream.
HOW DOES CBD WORK?
CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), a network of receptors responsible for regulating many of our body’s systems and functions and keeping them in balance, including the immune system. CBD brings your systems back to homeostasis, or balance, which includes your integumentary system.
HOW HERBAL PHARM RX CAN HELP
Herbal Pharm Rx believes in the power of CBD to help alleviate a plethora of medical conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, diabetes, acne, Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, pain, and even help with quitting smoking. We believe in helping others through our CBD products, including our CBD topicals. We offer CBD Balm and CBD Pain Cream, both great for aches and pains in the joints as well as sore muscles and arthritis relief.
Herbal Pharm Rx believes in helping others and making an impact on this world. We want to do our part to make this world a better place. We’ve chosen to do this through offering products that we believe can help people lead better lives. We’ve had years of experience with CBD and CBD products. Through our client testimonials, we have seen what it can do, and we sincerely hope our CBD oils and CBD tinctures help you as much as it has helped them. Shop with us today!